Thursday, April 19, 2012

Restaurants in Tuscaloosa

Restaurant: Wintzell's Oyster House

Although it had a bad wrap on the net, I would say overall the food was good and the service and layout of the restaurant great. The food I would rate 6 out of 10. I had a red beans with rice and chicken with sausage, a kind of gumbo plate if you will. It had a little bit of a kick as far as spicy goes but still had to add hot sauce to give it the kick I wanted. The food prices there were reasonable and the view from the restaurant to the river was worth the trip. The restaurant would not be my first choice but not a bad choice if you want something local to the area. BTW the restaurant is a chain with almost all their restaurants in Alabama and one in Pensacola, Florida. A real gulf coast restaurant.

Extra fact bit: Man vs. Food, the popular reality tv show, did a show at one of Wintzell's locations. Not this location but in Mobile, Alabama.

No comments:

Post a Comment